Vasectomy is a popular method of contraception for men. About one in four Australian men over the age of 40 has had a vasectomy.
Vasectomy is a surgical procedure that involves cutting the tubes that carry the sperm from the testes (the vas deferens or the “vas”). After the procedure, ejaculated semen will not contain sperm. Instead, the sperm will be reabsorbed into the body.
Dr Paul Manohar has extensive training and expertise performing vasectomy surgery. Here is a non-exhaustive list of treatment options available:
- In theatre, under general anaesthetic
About Dr Paul Manohar
Dr Paul Manohar is a Urologist and Urological Surgeon based in South-Eastern Melbourne. He has extensive training in minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery, urological pain management and general urological conditions. Dr Manohar welcome both public and private patients.
- Full Member, Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
- Postgraduate Diploma of Surgical Anatomy (Melbourne University)
- Postgraduate Course in Clinical Anatomy (Monash University)
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (Monash University)
- Mount Waverley